Monday 10 April 2017

Our Journey to the Philippines

Hello Philippines! Let me start with our flight. What a panic, we were flying with a really budget airline called tiger air and the cheapness reflected in the service. I was warned by trip advisor reviews but I didn't listen. We arrived at the check in desk, and I didn't have my head fully screwed on, as the staff asked if we had any return flights out of the Philippines. I should have just replied saying yes, even though we didn't have flights out of Philippines it wouldn't have made a difference, as passport control never ask. However, Dan and I both replied saying no, and the staff immediately said you won't be checking in with us unless you have flights out of the country.

Frustrated I wanted to back my valid points up as it said this no where on the government website and that it wasn't a requirement, but they were not having any of it. With only 50 minutes until our flight took off we had to rush and book tickets using the airlines terribly wifi from Philippines to Bali. They also then tried to charge for baggage I had already paid for, but again they weren't having it yet again, so we had to pay £60 which is a lot to just check in one baggage! I will be leaving them a terrible review and kept my receipt so I can hopefully claim back my expenses. At least I wasn't having the problems a girl next to me was having with them, they weren't allowing her on the flight at all for having too much baggage, so she missed the flight.

With flights to Bali booked, we rushed through security to then find out our plane was delayed. This concerned us more than usual as we had a connecting flight to catch in Singapore. Fortunately it worked out okay. When we arrived at Singapore airport it was like arriving into royalty. The airport is the nicest most luxurious I've ever seen with amazing water features with koi fish, all the way to western styled toilets! Toilets are almost a whole other blog post too talk about, let's say some are very basic with no flush or seats. If you are ever stopping at this airport make sure you've left enough time and pack a bikini because they have a rooftop pool and sauna room. They also have a butterfly garden house and a cinema! What more could you want I wouldn't even want to leave the airport.

Anyway moving on, we had a Starbucks at Singapore this is somewhere I always forget have good food. Even though it's expensive, it's worth it after being on a diet of rice and vegetables, we indulged into two spinach quiches yum!

5 hours later and we were here, 4:15am local time. We arrived half an hour earlier than expected, which is definitely unlike tiger air. We had a church member meeting us at the airport, Leo is the known taxi driver for the church; God bless him. Dan and I were booked to stay at the happy turtle hostel in Quezon City, we were so tired when we arrived we went straight to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment