Sunday 16 April 2017

Day Two of Grace City Fellowship Youth Camp

Day Two

When waking up this morning, I don't think half the campers really knew what God had in store for them, I certainly didn't. Today was going to be a life changing day for half of the camp, a day they would remember for the rest of their lives. Every day started at 8am with morning prayer, it's such a wonderful way to start the day. I really have learnt the vital importance of preparing yourself for the day with Christ, you have no idea what you're going to face during the day and by preparing yourself in the morning 'you can do anything with Christ who strengthens me' Philippians. I want to make it a target of mine to read my bible in the morning, or if I really don't have time have a decent prayer and listening session, this will help anyone who wants guidance in their lives.

After morning prayer we all gathered for breakfast which was a very Asian breakfast; tofu, rice and vegetables. I was so happy when I saw tofu I really thought I would be living of chopsuey for every meal. I really noticed how in England how we live with such urgency, every country I visit they are all much more relaxed with timings and trying to achieve perfection. I think I can definitely learn a thing or two about having a more relaxed life, it helps you gain in patience I thought I was a patient person until it would wind me up not sticking to schedule. Breakfast was over and it was time for our daily morning praise and worship session. I love worshipping it's one of my favourite activities, I really connect to the holy spirit when worshipping and God can really drum truths into you through worship, which is what we all need in a world full of lies and diecet.

Our third session of the camp was Prayer, this was lead by Juliana another Dubai church member. She is such a motherly figure and it was a blessing to have her come over. She'd been waiting for a chance to teach in Philippines and share her testimony which was an amazing story, to sum it up in just a few words she went from riches to rags and her family was nearly all jailed, but through this she found Jesus and shone the light to the rest of her family. Her testimony related to her talk on Prayer, it showed me the importance of never stop praying for salvation for your friends and family because you never know Gods perfect timing.

This is something I first started praying when I turned Christian 2 years ago I wanted to rejoice with my family and share with them the love of Christ, after a year and a bit I gave up. I also learnt that I need to show a much better Christian example to them, when I return I hope they notice a big change in me and I won't give up on praying for them, they are my life my family I don't know where I'd be without them so I can only want them to have salvation more and more, and know how much they are loved.

The time had come round again, lunchtime yum! After lunch we had games and team building activities. I have not experienced games like it. We went on a group river hike where we all held hands and had to make our way up river. It symbolised if we did it alone it would not be possible but because we had our church friends helping us we can get through any current. We then Trekked to the top of this hill where sugar cane was growing. I found a shy plant, a plant that has always fascinated me, when you touch them all the leafs close I love seeing moving nature; it's awesome.

It was 6pm and time again for our second worship session of the day. We then had a teaching on who is Christ, which was taught by Hannah. She said something that really resonated with me. If Christ was insignificant, your reborn life wouldn't reflect a change, so if God was like paper and you dropped the paper onto water, it would float and the water would remain unchanged. However, Christ is so significant he is like a rock, once thrown into the water it all splashed and totally shakes. God shakes our universe, you just have to allow the rock to be thrown, and you won't be disappointed.

We had a double session, Pastor Kim taught the second session which was on Salvation. The preach also indulged straight into worship afterwards. This worship session was like no other. We worshipped over the preaching, and the Holy Spirit was phenomenal roaring like a lion spreading through the people. Everyone started to get more energetic, and saying their praises to God at the tops of their lungs. I was over Joyed to see everyone fixating their eyes to Jesus, Kim said rush to the front if you want to give you lives to Jesus. I saw all the people who I'd spent my time with in the camp, all who were non-believers courageously go to the front in ore of what they were experiencing. I was so blessed when I saw my best friend commit his life to his loving father, I burst into tears of joy and my months of praying about this camp, praying that there would be a moment on our travels where this would happen; God never disappoints.

The worship went on and on and I saw people getting released of strong holds, I saw children lifting their hands high, everyone dancing with energy I've never seen before. Hours passed and it still continued it was a truly amazing experience and sight to see; transformation. All these peoples journeys have just began but it'll be the most fantastic journey yet. The worship session started at 6pm and went on till 9:30pm when the final song was sung.

Straight afterwards a bonfire was lit, however I was too hungry so I went straight to get myself some rice as dinner had been skipped due to the overwhelming worship. That evening I went back to my room still singing songs of praise with the biggest grin on my face, my church family coming up to me saying did you see your friend, with the same amount of joy in their hearts as mine. I can't ever express what experiencing the Holy Spirit is like as it's something out of this world, yet on this world for us all to experience. I can never do justice through adjectives and making sentences of what the Holy Spirit is truly like, but I can say this much it is a wondrous treasure on this world; a remarkable encounter of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment