Thursday 25 May 2017

Study Guide on John 1-2

During my time away I've had lots of spare time where I can read my bible. Anyone travelling as a Christian will know it's an excellent place and time to spend time with God. If you are new to the bible I've set up a study which will aid you through the process of expanding your knowledge about our Father. I think starting with the disciples account of Jesus is a great place to start, so in fact you could start with any Matthew, Mark, Luke or John. I decided to start with John so here is my study to help you through the whole of John. You can take this study as fast or as slow as you want, but remember a good tip when it comes to studying the bible is preparing with prayer. Take your time before each study to pray to god asking these important things, I've written some easy prayers to help you if you don't know where to begin with it all:

-God thank you that today I have the chance to read from your word, help me whilst reading your word to understand your scripture and help me to apply this scripture into my day to day life. Amen

-God thank you that I get the opportunity that I have to learn your word. Help me when reading your word let me take it in fully and learn from it, allow it to sink truths into my heart of your promises over my life. Help me to feel refreshed in spirit after reading your word designed for me. Amen

-God I am coming to you now to learn from you and gain in wisdom your desires for me, thank you for the interest you take in my life thank you that you are my Heavenly Father who loves me, thank you the access we have into getting to know you more. Amen

John 1 - John 2:1-13

Read each section of John 1 and write in your own words a summary of John. I find it useful to write the date of when you studied this so you can personally reflect.

List the 4 disciples Jesus gathers and who they are. It's good to note that all these 4 men come from the same town.

I've set up some questions in order to help you think more about the passages.

-why didn't Jesus perform his first miracle in front of everyone at the wedding?
-how did Jesus help his disciples become more faithful?
-what significance does Jesus' miracle have?
-what can we learn from Jesus by having disciples/friends in Christ to share our experiences with? And why is it important?

John 2:13-25

As you did in John 1 read the passage and in your own words write a summary of what you have read. Try keep it short so when you reflect its easier for you.
This is an example of a summary:

This passage is about when Jesus got upset when he discovered his fathers temple was being used as a market. He also predicts the future and knows his own destiny.

As before I have questions for you to think about this passage:

-what is the Passover festival?
-why is Jesus' "body a temple?" What does this mean?
-Is our body a temple?
-how do we know that Jesus is aware of his own destiny through this passage? And why is knowing this significant?
-what do we learn about Jesus and who he is as a person in John2:25?







No comments:

Post a Comment