Monday 6 March 2017

My 6 Month Packing List



Clothes 

    • At Least One Hoodie (which i'll wear on my flight)
    • 5x Shorts  
    • Skirts in all different styles (I plan on looking good still when I'm away plus summer clothes are my favourite)
    • 3 x Cotton Tee Shirts
    • One nice evening dress.
    • Long sleeved top incase you need to go anywhere respectful or there is loads of air-con.
    • Pair of Leggings or Long trousers. I prefer those like genie pants, good airflow.
    • 5x Vest 
    • 7 x Knickers
    • 2 x Bras
    • 5 x Bikinis (this is excessive but swimwear is my favourite thing)
    • 2x hiking socks. One to wear one for spare.
    • Flip Flops
    • Small Festival Style Poncho
    • 2x Sunglasses .(Your guaranteed to lose or break a pair)
    • Sun Hat 
    • Walking Boots or some form of trainer
    • Rucksack– I use this day to day and leave my big backpack in the hostel.
    • Good comfy hard wearing sandals. I have timberland sandals, unfortunately mine are part leather, but there super comfy. (Shown in the picture but mine aren't navy they're brown)


Keeping Clean

  • Beach Towel I have a microfibre one they dry super quick and they fold down to nothing. When in South Africa I travelled with a guy who had one of these and it looked super useful. I always hated having a wet giant beach towel taking up my entire day bag.
  • Wash Bag with Miniature Shampoo, Conditioner, Shower Gel, Curl Cream and Moisturiser which when diluted down with water last so much longer if your in rations.
  • 2x Make Up Wipes
  • Tampons 
  • Deodorant
  •  hairbrush - dunno where I'd be without my Tangle Teaser.
  • Dry shampoo
  • Razors not that I'm gonna be shaving my legs.
  • Toothbrush and Toothpaste
  • Make Up 
  • Hair Bobbles and Hair pins

Essentials


  • Sleeping Bag Liner or like a bed sheet, I'll be taking a bed sheet because sometimes you turn up at hostels and there are stains all over the bed and its nice knowing your sleeping somewhere which is yours and clean.
  • Travel Mosquito Net– Do no trust in hostels having them because majority of the time they don't.
  • Ear Plugs especially if you're staying over in airport or noisy areas.
  • Money Belt– Comfortable, safe and I basically wear it constantly, it has all my money, cards, passport, important info and memory cards in. 
  • Coin Purse
  • iPod shuffle& Headphones (not the end of the world if you lose it and like you will need music in your life)
  • Plug Adaptor.
  • Pen knife (my friend has one so I'm not bringing this)
  • Document Holder – For Insurance Info, Jab Certificates, flight details etc.
  • Kindle– Wow i wish i was so prepared to get a kindle so I'm doing it old school style and taking all my books. Dunno how much I will regret this but hey ho (actual photo of all my books)
  • Lonely Planet (part of my book collection ill be taking with me)
  • Digital Camera – I'm bringing my DSLR because I wanna take good photos but be weary where you take it.
  • Chargers for all of these electric things.
  • Homemade phrase book of whatever languages your'll encounter.
  • Diary because you wanna record this awesome moment!
  • Playing Cards – have already seen aLOT of heated hostel games of Shithead in my time.


Medical

  • First Aid Kit– i've filled mine with After Bite cream, anti-sickness tablets, diarrhoea tablets, painkiller, cold and flu tablets, plasters, tubey grips.
  • Insect Repellent – Just pack one, you can buy DEET out here
  • Sun Cream – Same, you can buy all factors out here
  • After-Sun
  • Germaline
  • Anti Bac Hand Gel
  • Vasaline


And that is it! My life in a Rucksack!

No comments:

Post a Comment